Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Attempt in Illustrator


I finished my first piece in illustrator. I quite like vector art and it's high time that I started applying it more to my work.


I did actually draw the image in traditional media but I converted it to a vector file using illustrator. Just use the live trace tool.

I have a few reasons as to why I would get into vector art. For starters I'm really weired with art that is digitally based. I really only like doing art on my computer that you can only do with a computer (mainly pixel art and vector art). I have nothing against digital painters, it just doesn't work for me. And second of all since this is vector art I can up the scale on my work hassle free. So if I feel like getting huge prints of my vector art made I could easily do it.

No comments: