Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fused plastic?

I just heard about fusing plastic bags together to make a whole bunch of pretty interesting items. I mean you can use it to make wallets and some have gone as far as to make clothing out of it. This seems really awesome for me to do especially since my roommates and I have oodles of plastic garbage bags because we keep on forgetting to use our reusable bags (we're getting better).

I'm going to admit it, I'm interested in trying it. But I was kind of worried about the fact that I'm messing with plastic and if it releases toxic fumes not only would I be endangering my health but polluting. I looked into it on treehugger.com and one person pulled out the same argument as me (but it a way more jerk like way) and then another person talked about how the bags probably wouldn't release fumes.

In the end I've decided that I'm going to at least try it. And while this is just an assumption: I think that if you pretty much recycle the item so that it doesn't get immediately chucked that it's over all worth it. I mean if you recycle something enough then it eventually becomes weaker and weaker and is eventually garbage.

No comments: